Benefits of Choosing a Catamaran Over a Monohull
There are many benefits of choosing a catamaran over a monohull. Sailing catamarans:
- rarely heel more than 5 degrees - offshore passages are less tiring, drink and food stay on the table and there is less chance of getting seasick.
- sail windward 25% faster, while off the wind 75-100% faster than a monohull,
- have a shallow draft - there are more anchoring possibilities,
- have large, wide deck areas and a larger salon providing 360-degree visibility,
- have more privacy - separate hulls with separate cabins,
- need no ballast and their buoyancy means you cannot overcrowd them.